This simple and colorful coleslaw makes a great side dish for just about anything… we served it with grilled spicy sausages the other day and the flavors combined beautifully.
- ½ head small green cabbage, cored
- ½ head small red cabbage, cored
- 4 carrots, peeled and halved
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Slice the cabbages into ½-inch slices or cut the cabbages into wedges and fit them into the food processor with the slicing blade in place.
- Set aside.
- Grate carrots in a box cutter or with the food processor using the grating blade.
- Mix cabbages and carrots in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, celery seeds, celery salt, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots and cabbage mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve.