Nancy’s been promising to share her prize-winning peach pie recipe with us for quite a while. Luckily, she got it to us just under the wire, since peach season here in California lasts until September.
For this wonderful dessert (or breakfast for some!), we used the ripest yellow peaches we could find, these from the Blossom Bluff farm. This is an easy recipe and the epitome of the taste of summer.
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 to 7 cups sliced fresh peaches (about 2½ pounds)
- ½ cup chopped toasted almonds
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Pastry for 2 crusts for a 9-inch pie (use your favorite pie crust recipe here)
- In a large bowl, combine fruit, toasted almonds and almond extract. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour and nutmeg and pour over peaches. Mix well, gently folding the flour mixture with the peaches.
- Pour peach mixture into 9-inch pie plate lined with pastry. Cover with remaining pastry.
- Place pie on foil-lined baking sheet (to catch spills) and bake in 425 degree oven 40 minutes or until crust is golden.